Archive for category Tag!
Hey guys, sorry for the short hiatus; been coocoo bananas with college apps, work, etc… Anywho, short post today, but gonna tag my Top 6 favorite makeup brands (in no particular order), and what products I generally buy from them.
- NARS – Created by makeup artist and photographer Francois Nars, NARS is fantastic in nearly everything they do. However, I have a particular love for their powder blushes, eyeshadows, and lip pencils.
- Smashbox – Legacy of Max Factor’s two grandsons, Smashbox is my go-to brand for bronzers, primers, and pre-assembled eyeshadow palettes.
- Ben Nye – Still touted as a theatrical makeup company, Ben Nye is unparalleled in their eyeshadow department (and for about $6 per single, they’re a steal). Simply the most pigmented shadows I have ever encountered.
- Kett Sett/Coty – These two brands have absolutely nothing to do with each other, however, I only use each of them for the one same thing: powder. Kett Sett makes this absolutely amazing translucent loose powder that works on nearly any skintone and is invisible even to HD cameras. However, for oily, light skin types, Coty’s Airspun Powder can’t be beat, and it’s drugstore availability makes it a winner.
- Makeup For Ever – A French, pro makeup company, MUFE is unarguably the leader of cutting edge makeup technology and sheer quality of product. Love their eyeshadows, eyeliners, lip rouges, variety of effect powders, Flash Colors (basically colored creams), and foundations (some of the best, true-to-skin colors with a diverse range of shades).
- Revlon – If you’re looking for a drugstore makeup line that equals department store quality, turn towards Revlon. Their ColorStay foundations have some of the best staying power out there, the eyeshadows are deeply pigmented, the lipsticks are rich and silky, and just the quality of the products seems to be outstanding. The only downside is the lack of shade range in nearly every category.