So I was thinking… I’m going to NYU’s Weekend on the Square (a pre-orientation for accepted students; yes, that’s where I will be going next year) next weekend, and I really don’t want to be carrying my messenger back around all day. Normally, my bag is stocked with everything from the MUFE HD Kabuki brush to blotting papers to pseudoephedrine (for allergies and stopping runny noses and teary eyes) to my tube of Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream.
Assuming that I’m not going to have my bag, that means I’ll only have the pockets on my jeans, and some small ones in my leather jacket. I absolutely hate bulging pockets, so this means I won’t be able to bring much with me.
I’ve narrowed it down, and gotten it to this:
- Palladio Rice Paper Blotting Tissues ($3.99 for 40): These things are a godsend. One side absorbs oil like a champ, and the other deposits transparent rice powder that doesn’t cake or change your foundation’s color. Perfect for midday touchups, and the case is very slim/sleek, so it will easily fit in one jeans pocket.
- A travel atomizer: Of whatever cologne I’m wearing that day. Dunno how long the orientation is, if it’s outside, etc, and I might need to freshen up a bit, especially because I won’t have any travel deodorant with me. Front jacket pocket.
- Couple of sticks of gum: self-explanatory. Front jeans pocket.
- Sally Girl Compact Mirror ($2.99): Just like it says, it’s compact, and it has a regular and magnification side. Very inconspicuous in the other front jacket pocket.
- C.O. Bigelow Rose Salve ($5.50 for .8oz): I don’t care how bulky the tin is, I refuse to leave it at home! This stuff is one of the best multitaskers ever. I’ll be using it on my lips for an intense level of moisturising and subtle sheen, on my cuticles if they get all dry and nasty, as a quick fix makeup fixer if anything smudges, and in the corner of my eye if it starts tearing. This pink-in-the-tin-clear-on-the-lips cure-all is simply a wonder, and will be taking residence in the same jacket pocket as my travel atomizer.
- My money clip: Not at all a beauty item, but in case all else fails, I can book it to C.O. Bigelow’s pharmacy and grab something real quick!
So, my question to you is…