Anonymous asked me what my favorite MAC brushes are.
- 138: I love this brush for applying liquid foundation, powder bronzer, and powder contour shades.
- 188: This brush is fantastic for applying cream blush with precision.
- 189: Great for applying cream contour/highlight shades.
- 212: Great for applying precise eyeliner, and for creating a fantastic, easy cat-eye.
- 214: I love to use this brush when doing a smokey eye. Really places and packs on the color.
- 219: Great for lining under the eye, and getting a slightly smudgey effect if you tilt it during application.
- 224: Love this one for diffusing color into the crease, as well as blending two colors together.
- 227: Your all-purpose, lid-color brush.
However, I must say, all of my favorite brushes do not come from MAC. Most of them are from Sigma, Studio Tools, Crown Brushes, and a few non-basic brushes from various companies (like the NARS Ita Kabuki).